Friday, September 01, 2006

Will I ever get there?



create your own visited country map
My friend, chanchow, recently decided to count up the number of countries that she's visited. As an avid traveler myself, I decided to perform the same exercise. Sadly, my 17 countries look pretty pathetic in the big picture. I think the Southern Hemisphere is the next new frontier for me.


create your own personalized map of the USA
But then I look at the map of the U.S. and realize that I've only been to 16 states out of the 50 states. That's 32% of the countries. That's pretty pathetic on both counts. Well, I plan to add at least 5 more states to that count within the next year.

2 comments:

chanchow said...

I felt the same humility when I saw my travels illustrated on a map. So much world, so little time. Sigh.

p.s. There are only 50 states, Hoosier Nest! ;)

JEM said...

I knew that! :-)